Locate the 10th character. This letter or digit represents the year the motorcycle was manufactured. A “6” would represent 2006, while a “Y” would represent the year 2000. The letter code descends from “Y” to “A” (1980).
How do you tell what year a Honda motorcycle is?
The 10th digit of the VIN is the one used for the year of the motorcycle. If you have a rough idea of the motorcycle’s age, you can use this to determine its age.
How can you tell the year of a motorcycle by the VIN number?
The 10th character in the 17-character VIN represents the vehicle model-year.
How do you decode a VIN number on a Honda motorcycle?
JH2 RD07A 9 T M 001234
- Locate the first character. …
- the second character, “H.” This represents the name of the manufacturer, Honda.
- The third character. …
- The fourth through the eighth characters. …
- The ninth character is a randomly selected number or letter to make the VIN code completely unique, in this example it is “9”.
How do I know what model my Honda motorcycle is?
Locate the 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) printed on the frame of your Honda motorcycle. This is often stamped onto the right side of the steering head, where the front fork is mounted on the frame. The VIN is also imprinted on a metal tag located on the left side of the frame above the motor.
How do you read a Honda serial number?
How to Decode a Honda VIN?
- 1 = Country of manufacture (United States)
- H = Manufacturer (Honda)
- G = Vehicle Type (Passenger car)
- EJ8 = Model (Civic 2/4 Door 1.6L)
- 1 = Body Type, Transmission (2 Door Coupe, Manual)
- 4 = GRADE (Civic EX 2/4 Door)
- 5 = Security Code.
- W = Model Year (1998)
How do I find out what year my Honda dirtbike is?
The 10th symbol will tell you the manufacture year. Vehicles sold before 2001 have a letter as the 10th digit. Those manufactured afterward use numbers. A bike made in 2003 will for example have 3 as its tenth digit.
What does the 8th digit in a VIN number mean?
Vehicle Description Section
The fourth through eighth digits describe your vehicle’s model, body type, restraint system, transmission type, and engine code. The ninth digit is the check digit, which is used to detect fraudulent VINs.
Can you look up a bike serial number?
Can you look up a bike serial number? Yes, you look up your bike’s serial number. They are usually situated under your bike’s bottom bracket.
What year is G in a VIN number?
The 10th Digit VIN Chart
How do you read a Honda motorcycle engine number?
Interpreting the Engine Serial Number
- Look at the first four digits before the E. These digits represent the motorcycle model number. The last character represents the year of the particular model. …
- Read the seven digits after the dash. These digits convey information regarding the engine casing.
How do I find my Honda VIN number?
You can find your VIN: At the base of the windshield on the driver’s side. On a sticker in the driver’s side door jamb. On your vehicle’s registration.